Форум ТИЗ "Елховка" и деревни Елховка, Кстовский район, Нижегородская область

Свободное общение жителей, дачников и всех желающих
Текущее время: 25 июн 2021, 18:17
ФУТБОЛ в Елховке по средам и субботам в 19-00

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: The Way To Select The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #075
СообщениеДобавлено: 31 мар 2021, 01:12 

6 Cigar Humidification Approaches

Now that you have a good comprehension of exactly what a hygrometer does and everything can occur if your humidity is too high or too low, let us talk about how to really control the humidity in your humidor. Unfortunately, you can't just use a moist paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck system was my first means to control the humidity in my humidor and boy, was it trying. This is actually the"puck" that is included with humidors most of the time and requires you to soak it into propylene glycol. I discovered it to be a bit of a guessing game because you have to be sure your"puck" doesn't run out of juice. It had been mainly stressful because I utilized the free version in my humidor so results may vary. I discovered that I needed to soak the puck every 15 days or so with a humidor of 30 cigars. I just had to re-soak every 30-45 days and found it to be much more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is quite easy. It takes approximately 30 minutes and you just purchase the propylene glycol individually. This solution is odorless and just replaces water as a more pure form of moisture. Using tap water can create problems due to chlorine or other chemicals, and distilled water won't stay moist as long as propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make quite simple to use products that you may just open and pop it into a humidor such as this
arc 14s. These include a much more controlled method of handling humidity compared to the puck technique. The only bad thing is that you need to replace these entirely most of the time each 3-6 weeks completely. I don't advise attempting to"re-soak" them together with the propylene glycol. The attractiveness of them, especially the tubes, is they don't take up much room in your humidor. But, depending on how big the jar arrangement will work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Similar to the jar or tubes out of Xikar and Drymistat, it is possible to go with a very controlled method of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favorite cigar humidification strategy and ones that I use for the tupperdor today. But they could err a little on the high side concerning humidity should you use them at a tupperdor. I'd aim to go several percentages lower than your preferred humidity for a result if you've got a tupperdor. They do a great job of absorbing humidity whether it's too high and increasing if it is too low. Once your pack is stiff, you then just throw it away. That having been said, many claim to be able to recharge these very easily simply by soaking them for a couple of days once they become stiff. Even though this might be a great way to save money, the recharged packs certainly will not be as precise as an original. To discover more about the way to recharge, take a look at this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I really don't recharge because I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on cigars, I don't want to cut corners to save a few dollars on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a frequent humidity method which many recommend across cigar forums. This company revolves round these beads and they have a great deal of diehard followers for their product. These are most likely one of the more expensive choices but last forever. They do require spraying of distilled water following week or two though so you've got to stick to a schedule. This method is a bit more geared towards the advanced cigar collectors. Typically, cigar collectors will have a pouch of those beads or a coating at the bottom of the wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There is nothing greater than the place it and forget of an electric humidifier, especially if you've got a large or valuable collection. All these are a bit expensive compared to the other options such as
bey-berk humidor but there is the benefit of very little upkeep. The units also work best if plugged -- so you'll be asked to conduct a level cable into the exterior of your humidor. However some of those units have some really cool features like wi-fi capabilities and can humidify up to 1,000 cigars! (That could be a good deal of Boveda packs...) You do have to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 weeks but it's relatively inexpensive.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
For a bigger wineador setup, many recommend kitty litter as a viable choice to control humidity. This is a really similar technique to the Heartfelt beads strategy outlined above. The key is to obtain a kitty litter with no odor and spray on distilled water every two to three weeks as needed. I've seen very positive reviews from Exquisicat Crystals with very low dust nor scent.

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]